CHINA: Tsingtao sees sales, profits leap in H1
Tsingtao Brewery has posted a healthy climb in profits for the first half of this year.
The Chinese company, which is 27%-owned by Anheuser-Busch, said yesterday (27 August) that net profit for the six-month period was up by an impressive 63.4% on the corresponding period a year earlier, hitting CNY347.57m (US$45.92m).
In volume terms, sales for the half rose by 24.6% to 19.04m hectolitres.
Looking forward, Tsingtao said it expects sales - in volume terms - for the full-year to reach 50.8m hectolitres, which would be a 12% increase on 2006.
Earlier this month, Tsingtao was reportedly looking to increase production capacity in China by around 1m tons. By the end of this year, Tsingtao should have completed five expansion projects in the country, adding the extra capacity, reports from the country claimed.
Tsingtao Brewery Co. has lowered its net profit for the first nine months of last year due to a tax revision....
Tsingtao Brewery is looking to buy the minority stakes in 22 units that it does not already own from its parent company....
The Boston Beer Company has been rated as the largest craft brewing company in the US, according to recent research....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Cobra Beer has claimed that it is in talks with Anheuser-Busch to distribute the company's namesake beer brand in the US....
Bear Stearns has reinitiated coverage of Grupo Modelo....
US Bank and Anheuser-Busch have joined forces to create Budweiser Rewards Visa Platinum, a card allowing members to earn points toward gift cards for Anheuser-Busch merchandise....
Anheuser-Busch intends to delist its shares from the Official List of the UK Listing Authority and have the admission to trading of its shares on the London Stock Exchange's market cancelled....
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic's FY Performance by Region - Focus
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- This week in spirits & wine
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts