CHINA: Tsingtao looks to expand capacity - report
China's leading beer producer Tsingtao Brewery is planning to increase its production capacity by 1m tons by the end of 2007, according to local reports.
Tsingtao president Jin Zhiguo told reporters that the company had already stepped into a new period of integration and expansion this year.
By the end of 2007, Tsingtao is reportedly planning to have essentially completed five expansion projects, adding a total additional capacity of 1m tons.
In addition to expanding its operations in Shandong Province, Tsingtao is also expected to build new plants in Yulin, Shaanxi Province and the Chengdu Municipality.
Tsingtao is 27%-controlled by Anheuser-Busch.
Sectors: Beer & cider
Anheuser-Busch has posted a steady lift in sales and profit for 2007....
Compania Cervecerias Unidas (CCU) has posted a marked leap in net profit for 2007....
Saigon Beer Alcohol Beverage Corp (Sabeco) has seen its IPO fall short of the company's target....
Last week's announcement that Scottish & Newcastle (S&N) had finally agreed to recommend Carlsberg and Heineken's joint GBP7.8bn (US$15.5bn) takeover offer signalled the latest and possibly final chap...
Crown Beers India, the joint venture between Anheuser-Busch and Crown International, has increased the prices of Budweiser in selected Indian markets owing to rising raw material costs....
Productscan has revealed that a wave of niche products has recently been launched across the globe, illustrating how drinks manufacturers are getting ahead of one another by continually offering somet...
Anheuser-Busch has stayed silent on reports that it plans to bid for a minority stake in the Scottish & Newcastle and Carlsberg joint venture Baltic Beverages Holdings (BBH)....
Anheuser-Busch is rolling out its Budweiser & Clamato Chelada and Bud Light & Clamato Chelada pre-mixed products nationwide, on the back of successful test-marketing in Arizona, Colorado and Nebraska....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Can fruit cider survive UK slowdown? - Focus
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends