CHINA: Tsingtao looks to expand capacity - report
China's leading beer producer Tsingtao Brewery is planning to increase its production capacity by 1m tons by the end of 2007, according to local reports.
Tsingtao president Jin Zhiguo told reporters that the company had already stepped into a new period of integration and expansion this year.
By the end of 2007, Tsingtao is reportedly planning to have essentially completed five expansion projects, adding a total additional capacity of 1m tons.
In addition to expanding its operations in Shandong Province, Tsingtao is also expected to build new plants in Yulin, Shaanxi Province and the Chengdu Municipality.
Tsingtao is 27%-controlled by Anheuser-Busch.
Anheuser-Busch has posted a steady lift in sales and profit for 2007....
Compania Cervecerias Unidas (CCU) has posted a marked leap in net profit for 2007....
Saigon Beer Alcohol Beverage Corp (Sabeco) has seen its IPO fall short of the company's target....
Last week's announcement that Scottish & Newcastle (S&N) had finally agreed to recommend Carlsberg and Heineken's joint GBP7.8bn (US$15.5bn) takeover offer signalled the latest and possibly final chap...
Crown Beers India, the joint venture between Anheuser-Busch and Crown International, has increased the prices of Budweiser in selected Indian markets owing to rising raw material costs....
Productscan has revealed that a wave of niche products has recently been launched across the globe, illustrating how drinks manufacturers are getting ahead of one another by continually offering somet...
Anheuser-Busch has stayed silent on reports that it plans to bid for a minority stake in the Scottish & Newcastle and Carlsberg joint venture Baltic Beverages Holdings (BBH)....
Anheuser-Busch is rolling out its Budweiser & Clamato Chelada and Bud Light & Clamato Chelada pre-mixed products nationwide, on the back of successful test-marketing in Arizona, Colorado and Nebraska....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report