US: Tsingtao kicks off US off-trade promotion
Tsingtao Brewery Co. has announced plans to launch an off-trade promotion across the US this summer to "celebrate all things Asian".
The Chinese company, which is 27%-owned by Anheuser-Busch, said yesterday (1 May) that the "CelebrAsian" promotion supporting Tsingtao Lager and Tsingtao Pure Draft will run in June and July across the country.
The Tsingtao beer brand will team with celebrity Chinese chef Martin Yan to offer consumers a chance to win a trip for two to China. The trip includes ten days of sightseeing excursions to Shenzhen, Macau and Hong Kong, plus one day of cooking classes at Yan's Culinary Arts Centre. "This unique sweepstakes will be promoted via take-one tear pads distributed at Tsingtao Beer displays," the company said.
California and Tennessee consumers will be able to purchase a Tsingtao bamboo steamer kit, which will be promoted via take-one tear pads distributed at Tsingtao Beer displays.
Tsingtao added that it is also partnering with Chinese sauce manufacturer Lee Kum Kee, launching consumer offers on Lee Kum Kee products in chain grocery stores across select markets.
The promotions will be supported by POS materials including a five-case stacker bin, easel cards and tuck-in cards, the company added.
Tsingtao Lager is brewed and bottled by the Tsingtao Brewery in China and imported exclusively by Crown Imports in the US.
Last month, Tsingtao Brewery said that net profits for the first three months of 2008 leapt by 216.7% on the corresponding period a year earlier, reaching CNY129.6m (US$18.5m). Core sales in the quarter increased by 27.4% to CNY3.54bn.
Hansen Natural reached a distribution deal this week with Coca-Cola Co, together with Coca-Cola Enterprises, to distribute its Monster energy drink in six Western European countries as well as Canada ...
Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo has reported a 0.3% rise in net profit for the third quarter of 2008, with revenue boosted by price rises....
Grupo Modelo has said it is extending its Corona Light range in the US with a new 12oz "tall" can, to be rolled out across southern states this December....
Anheuser-Busch has said that it has agreed a settlement in lawsuits filed by shareholders during the InBev bidding process....
Anheuser-Busch has confirmed details of its latest dividend payment....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
[Updated 19:20BST] Grupo Modelo has filed a notice of arbitration against Anheuser-Busch in light of A-B's pending takeover by InBev....
InBev has postponed its rights offering following the recent "unprecedented" volatility on the world's stock markets....
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Cognac is back - is Remy Cointreau ready?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World