CHINA: Tsingtao Group sells Baotuquan to Tsingtao Brewery
Local reports out of China this week have claimed that Tsingtao Group is going to switch ownership of Baotuquan Beer internally.
Citing a statement from Tsingtao Group on Wednesday (19 July), reports from the country have said that the parent company will sell Baotuquan to Tsingtao Brewery Co. for CNY9m (US$1.3m).
In June, Tsingtao Group purchased Baotuquan from Shandong Commercial Group for CNY250m.
Tsingtao Group controls 31.4% of Tsingtao Brewery, with Japanese company Asahi holding a 19.9% stake in the brewer. Asahi acquired the stake from Anheuser-InBev earlier this year. A-B InBev still holds a 7% stake in Tsingtao Brewery.
Earlier this month, Tsingtao Brewery posted a healthy jump in profits for the first half of this year.
Trade unions in Belgium claimed victory last night as they agreed to end worker blockades of Anheuser-Busch InBev breweries in return for talks with the group on alternatives to its proposed job cuts ...
Carlsberg has secured a swift end to a strike by workers in its native Denmark....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Sustainability in Wine - Part II
- just the Ten - Top Analyses of 2014
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Coca-Cola Co promotes CEO's assistant to sales job
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018