ASIA: Tsingtao Brewery to sponsor AFC Champions League
Tsingtao will sponsor the AFC Champions League for three years
Tsingtao Brewery has partnered with the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) to become the official sponsor for the AFC Champions League soccer tournament.
At a press conference in Kuala Lumpur yesterday (10 December), the Chinese brewer said that it will sponsor the event for three years, starting next year. Neither the AFC nor Tsingtao gave specific financial details or operating aspects of the agreement.
The deal follows Chinese team Guangzhou Evergrande’s rise to the top in this year's tournament, becoming the first Chinese team to win the AFC Champions League in 23 years.
According to AFC, the second leg of the 2013 final in November reached the highest average audience in China since 2004, with 30m viewers.
AFC is one of FIFA’s six continental confederations and has 47 member countries in Asia and the Middle East.
Earlier this year, Tsingtao, which is 20%-owned by Japan's Asahi Breweries, posted a healthy lift in both sales and profits for the first six months of 2013.
Asahi Breweries Ltd aims to increase its sales over the forecast period. In order to achieve this, the company plans to reinforce its core brands such as Asahi Super Dry and Clear Asahi. It also plans...
Over the forecast period, Tsingtao Brewery Co Ltd is likely to focus on expanding its production capacity so as to extend its presence in overseas markets. In order to better meet the changing needs o...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research