ASIA: Tsingtao Brewery to sponsor AFC Champions League
Tsingtao will sponsor the AFC Champions League for three years
Tsingtao Brewery has partnered with the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) to become the official sponsor for the AFC Champions League soccer tournament.
At a press conference in Kuala Lumpur yesterday (10 December), the Chinese brewer said that it will sponsor the event for three years, starting next year. Neither the AFC nor Tsingtao gave specific financial details or operating aspects of the agreement.
The deal follows Chinese team Guangzhou Evergrande’s rise to the top in this year's tournament, becoming the first Chinese team to win the AFC Champions League in 23 years.
According to AFC, the second leg of the 2013 final in November reached the highest average audience in China since 2004, with 30m viewers.
AFC is one of FIFA’s six continental confederations and has 47 member countries in Asia and the Middle East.
Earlier this year, Tsingtao, which is 20%-owned by Japan's Asahi Breweries, posted a healthy lift in both sales and profits for the first six months of 2013.
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Pernod Ricard targets at-home drinking
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends