CHINA: Tsingtao Brewery to acquire beer co - report
Tsingtao Brewery Co to buy Guangdong Vigour - report
Tsingtao Brewery is to acquire Guangdong Vigour Beer Co in China, according to a report.
Tsingtao, which is 20%-owned by Asahi Group, has won a bidding process for Guangdong Vigour, according to a report by China-based Sinocast today (30 November), which cited a company announcement. Financial details of the deal were not disclosed.
If confirmed, the purchase will increase competition between brewers in China's southerly Guangdong province. It also strengthens Tsingtao's footprint in the country's emergent beer market.
Last month, Tsingtao reported an 11.4% rise in nine-month net profits, driven by strong demand for its namesake beer brand. In the third quarter, however, profits dipped by almost 1%.
An Asahi Group move for StarBev looks dubious, even if the reports are true....
SABMiller is going to need time to turn around the recently-acquired Foster's Group brewing unit in Australia, according to an analyst....
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Diageo gets 2016 off to a strong start - Analysis
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- With MegaBrew sorted, is MegaBev next? - Research
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- The US is "the first place I look" - Diageo CEO
- Bacardi ups ante in US Havana Club row
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research