CHINA: Tsingtao and Anheuser to unveil alliance deal - reports
The announcement would include a plan to boost Anheuser-Busch's stake in Tsingtao, China's largest beermaker, from the current 4.5% and provide details of broad business cooperation between the two brewing giants, the source, who asked not to be identified, told Reuters.
Earlier this year the two companies announced that they had signed a deal to form a strategic partnership. Details of the deal were not revealed but reports suggest that it will include the US brewing giant, Anheuser-Busch, raising its stake in the Chinese brewery, Tsingtao, from 5% to 27%.
Anheuser-Busch is expected to pay around HK$1.2 billion to purchase the additional shares, based on an offer price of HK$4.20 per share, representing around a HK$1 premium to the current trading price. If the deal goes through it would make Anheuser-Busch the largest shareholder in the Chinese company after the state-run Tsingtao State-Owned Assets Management Bureau.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Anheuser-Busch may have to reinstate workers it dismissed after catching inappropriate behaviour using hidden cameras....
Anheuser-Busch is to follow the US launch of its B(E) beer by rolling out the brand in the UK....
The US brewer Anheuser-Busch said today that it had seen its earnings per share fall 3% in the first quarter of the year, compared to the same period last year as it was hit by difficult trading condi...
Patrick Stokes, president and chief executive officer of Anheuser-Busch Companies, has said that the company's board of directors has declared a regular quarterly dividend....
Berkshire Hathaway Inc., the holding company of billionaire Warren Buffett, has acquired a significant stake in Anheuser-Busch....
Anheuser-Busch has threatened to stop buying rice from Missouri if the state allows genetically modified, drug-making crops to grow within its borders....
China's largest brewer Tsingtao Brewery has reported a 16.4% jump in net profit for the year to Y285m, according to local reports....
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- US craft beer growth slows again - IRI figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits