US: Tropicana launches added-fibre juice
Tropicana is adding a new orange drink with additional fibre to its portfolio.
The juice giant has started shipping Tropicana Pure Premium Essentials with Fibre. The drink will be sold nationwide from January, with a 64oz carton costing around US$3.49.
The new juice has 3g of added fibre per 8oz glass - claimed to be as much fibre as in a medium-sized orange.
Tropicana vice president of marketing Rick Gomez said: "We have given people another reason to drink orange juice every morning. It is an easy way to incorporate more fibre with something they already love."
In the US, nine out of ten adults fail to meet the adequate intake levels for dietary fibre, according to government figures.
Tropicana nutritionist Debra DeMuth said: "While whole fruit remains an important source of fibre, we wanted to offer another great tasting option for the many people who find it challenging to meet the daily recommendation for fibre."
Dairy, functional and premium juices were the winners, water continued to grow, whilst carbonates and squashes lagged behind in the 2004 UK soft drinks race, according to the recently published Britvi...
Tropicana Products has appointed a new chief marketing officer....
Tropicana has said that it plans to increase retail prices of its orange juice from January, according to press reports....
PepsiCo is to change the labelling on two of its Tropicana drinks lines....
PepsiCo-owned Tropicana has launched a range of premium fruit juices called 'Tropicana Sensations' to grow in Spain's booming health-juice market....
PepsiCo has reported a 15% increase in second-quarter earnings per share to US$0.70, as non-carbonate drinks rescued a poorer performance by the CSD brands....
The Pepsi Bottling Group today reported second quarter net income of US$148m, or diluted earnings per share (EPS) of $0.59. The results were up on the same period last year as the company grew volumes...
PepsiCo is planning to start bottling Gatorade in India, according to local reports....
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Will South Africa Raise Drinking Age to 21?
- Focus - The Risks of Acquisitions
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Roust takes on Bushmills distribution in Russia
- Brown-Forman completes Kentucky acquisition
- Campari opens office in Canada
- Coca-Cola, A-B InBev express FIFA concerns
- A-B InBev cuts ribbon on Vietnam brewery
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review