US: Tropical plans multiple product release
Tropical Beverage Inc is to release a series of beverages into the US market packaged in a proprietary flask. The line, called Pure GUTZ includes 3 grouped offerings, an oxygenated water that has a suggested retail price of US$0.99, a line of flavoured sports drinks based upon the NEW technology that the company recently acquired, and an energy drink line called Energy Push.
Each grouping will have multiple flavours that are scheduled to be released in the coming months.
"The excitement is in the air. We have been refining this product over the past few months and distributors are lined up and ready to receive it. Our initial projections are for over US$30m in sales in the first year, and this is only the first of four products that we have planned to release. Our plans are to build up our distribution and bring the other products into the fold steadily over the next few months," said Chris Lotito, COO for Tropical. "The company is poised to make a major move in the market and we feel confident that Pure GUTZ will have a dramatic impact for us," he added.
Sectors: Soft drinks
The Hispanic community is a large and growing ethnic group within the US population and a consumer segment that soft drinks marketers are looking to tap. Hinde Liep of US market research company, Busi...
The functional drinks sector remains something of a niche market in Eastern Europe but there is clearly growth potential. Hope Lee of industry analysts, Euromonitor International, assesses the state o...
Functional soft drinks are relatively undeveloped in Latin America in comparison with Europe but there is significant growth potential. Hope Lee of industry analysts, Euromonitor International, examin...
Alabama's State Board of Education has banned carbonated drinks from vending machines in public elementary schools and limited them in middle and high schools....
With the introduction of Powerade Option, announced this week, Coca-Cola hopes to challenge PepsiCo's hold on the sports drink market....
Coca-Cola has launched a low-calorie sports drinks called POWERade OPTION, which it hopes will challenge the dominance of rival Gatorade in the sector. The new brand will hit shelves across the US thi...
Coca Cola is planning to invest €20m in a new production line at its plant at Socx near Dunkirk in northern France....
Sports drinks company ChampionLyte Holdings has announced that it has signed a definitive agreement for the acquisition of Cargo Connection Logistics Corp. and Mid-Coast Management, Inc., two privatel...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer