US: Trinchero Family Estates extends Fancy Pants Wine launch
Trinchero Family Estates is extending the launch of its Fancy Pants Wine range to the rest of the US after a year's trial with a supermarket chain.
The winemaker rolled out two varietals nationwide late last month through its distribution network, a company spokesperson told just-drinks yesterday (1 August). The 2011 Red Blend and 2012 Pinot Grigio are made from Californian grapes and cost US$9.99.
The launch follows “huge success” during the initial trial, especially among female consumers, the spokesperson said.
This year, Trinchero reportedly announced plans for a US$300m expansion at its Westside Winery. The three-year investment will include a new central bottling and distribution centre at its Lodi facility.
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Focus - Heineken's H1 Performance by Region
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Bacardi sees North America president step down