USA: Triarc Reports Second Quarter 2000 Results
Triarc Companies, Inc. (NYSE:TRY) announced today a 7% increase in Snapple(R) case sales in the 2000 second quarter which contributed to an 11% increase to $26.0 million in premium beverage adjusted EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, other non-operating items, depreciation and amortization and unusual or non-recurring items). Compared to the second quarter of 1999, total adjusted EBITDA for consumer products increased 9% to $44.3 million reflecting continued strength at Snapple, Stewart's(R), Royal Crown(R) and Arby's(R). Including unusual or non-recurring items, 2000's second quarter net income was $4.6 million, or $.18 per share, compared with 1999's second quarter net income on the same basis of $4.2 million, or $.15 per share. Excluding unusual or non-recurring items, 2000's second quarter net income was $3.3 million, or $.13 per share, compared with 1999 second quarter net income on the same basis of $6.0 million, or $.22 per share. Cash EPS in the second quarter of 2000 was $.44 per share compared to $.38 per share in the comparable 1999 period. Per share amounts are presented on a diluted basis.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report