USA: Triarc Purchases 2.0 Million Class B Common Shares
Triarc Companies, Inc. (NYSE: TRY) announced today that the Company purchased 1,999,207 non-voting Triarc Class B common shares held by affiliates of Victor Posner at a per share price of $21.18, for a total purchase price of approximately $42.3 million. As previously announced, under a definitive purchase agreement, approved by Triarc's Board of Directors in August 1999, the Company agreed to purchase for cash all of the 5,997,622 non-voting Triarc Class B common shares held by Victor Posner affiliates in three separate transactions, at prices ranging from $20.44 to $21.93. The Company previously purchased approximately 2.0 million Class B common shares at $20.44 per share in August 1999. The remaining approximate 2.0 million shares are to be purchased at $21.93 per share on or before August 19, 2001, subject to extension in certain limited circumstances. Triarc may accelerate the purchase of the remaining Class B common shares, pursuant to the terms and conditions of the definitive purchase agreement. Triarc has approximately 22.0 million shares of common stock (including the remaining approximate 2.0 million Class B common shares) currently outstanding. Triarc is a leading premium beverage company (Snapple(R), Mistic(R), Stewart's(R)), a restaurant franchisor (Arby's(R), T.J. Cinnamons(R) and Pasta Connection(R)) and a producer of soft drink concentrates (Royal Crown(R), Diet Rite(R), Nehi(R)).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US