UK: Treasury Wine Estates' Wolf Blass signs rugby deal
Foster's Group's Wolf Blass becomes official England rugby wine
Treasury Wine Estates' Wolf Blass wine brand has signed a sponsorship deal with the England Rugby Football Union.
Wolf Blass will be the official wine of the England rugby team until June 2012, Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) announced today (10 January). The deal means that the Australian wine brand will travel with England to the 2011 Rugby World Cup in New Zealand.
TWE, which is the wine unit of Foster's Group, said that Wolf Blass will also supply wine to all of the England home internationals, as well as benefit from pitch-side advertising space at the 82,000 capacity Twickenham ground.
"This sponsorship represents a strong opportunity for retailers to take advantage of predicted high sales, especially before the 6 Nations and the build up to the World Cup when awareness will be exceptionally high," said the senior brand manager at Wolf Blass Wines, Annabel Keech.
TWE will also use the sponsorship deal to promote membership of its Wolf Blass Platinum Club.
Don't assume that SABMiller has fired the starting gun on a bid battle for Foster's Group....
Heineken UK has said that Foster's will again sponsor the Edinburgh Comedy Awards this year....
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How soft drinks can exploit alcohol's loss
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo job cut figures "likely overstated"
- Diageo investment paying off for Captain Morgan
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends