Treasury Wine Estates ups UK Castello di Gabbiano footprint with Molson Coors deal
TWE previously only had limited distribution of its Castello di Gabbiano Italian wine portfolio in the UK
The wine range, which previously had a limited footprint in UK bars and restaurants through wine supplier Soho Wine Supply, will now be available for on-premise outlets through Molson Coors' wholesale business, the company said today. just-drinks understands that Molson Coors will seek a five-figure case load from TWE.
Molson Coors will take a range of premium wines from the portfolio - Pinot Grigio, Rosé, Chianti, Chianti Classico, Chianti Classico Riserva and Bellezza.
The deal with Molson Coors is a significant volume increase for the Gabbiano brand in the UK. It is only available in the off-premise through some independents.
The Castello di Gabbiano winery is in the Chianti region and was founded in the 12th Century.
TWE has made a number of moves in the UK recently. This month, it launched Rosemount Meal Matchers, a new Rosemount range that highlights on the bottles the type of food each wine best pairs with.
Molson Coors has now taken full control of the MillerCoors joint venture, placing it in a strong, independent position in the important US market. At the same time as capitalising on its newly improve...
French winery Domaine Sainte Rose has launched its first sweet wine, which will roll out in the UK market....
The 2015 acquisition of the majority of Diageo’s wine assets in the US and the UK represented a significant move in Treasury Wine Estates’s strategic transformation....
Treasury Wine Estates has announced the appointment of Tom King as MD for Europe. ...
Wine is an alcoholic drink produced by the fermentation of grapes or other fruits. It has various health benefits, if consumed in adequate amounts....
Anheuser-Busch InBev's Australian unit, Carlton & United Breweries, is highlighting its Pure Blonde brand's health and fitness credentials in a AUD10m (US$7.7m) marketing push for the low-carb lager....
Alcoholic beverages are broadly categorized into three types: beer, spirits (distilled beverages), and wine....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts