US: Treasury Wine Estates switches Americas marketing chiefs
Former Diageo exec Barry Sheridan becomes VP of marketing for the Americas at Treasury Wine Estates
Treasury Wine Estates has confirmed a change of VP of marketing for the Americas, with the previous incumbent vacating the position after less than four months.
John Grant, who assumed the position in late-November, is leaving the company to “pursue external opportunities”, the company said earlier today (11 March). He will be replaced by Barry Sheridan, who has been promoted internally from VP of brand marketing.
In an internal memo, Treasury said: “Sheridan has been deeply involved in the company’s long term marketing strategic planning and execution, and has been instrumental in many of its brands’ successes, including putting Chateau St. Jean on a double-digit growth trajectory, repositioning Etude as a multi-regional Pinot specialist, launching Lyric, as well as strengthening the company’s joint venture with Greg Norman Estates.”
Sheridan, who has previously worked for Diageo and was VP of global marketing for Smirnoff, will report to Sandra LeDrew, chief commercial officer for the Americas, and will serve on the Americas leadership team. He will also report in to CMO Simon Marton, “to ensure global brand alignment”.
Treasury Wine Estates Ltd in Wine (World)
Treasury Wine Estates has faced serious challenges since its spin-off from Foster’s Group in 2011. The US, which was a key component of its turnaround plan, has thus far failed to pay dividends. In 20...read more
Canadean's "Treasury Wine Estates Limited - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major prod...
Diageo plc - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings and...
Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018