GLOBAL: Treasury Wine Estates shakes up EMEA coverage, recruits Bacardi exec
Treasury Wine Estates has lined up a restructure of its Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA) division, which will see the region's MD position become redundant.
The company, which was formerly part of Foster's Group, confirmed today (20 January) that its EMEA regional business unit will “focus exclusively on developing and executing sales strategies to build profitable volume growth across all customer categories”. It will also assume global responsibility for Treasury's presence in Travel Retail.
Consequently, the role of MD for EMEA, currently held by Peter Jackson, will become redundant. Therefore, Jackson will leave TWE in June, “if a suitable alternative role is not identified”, the company said.
Taking the helm of the Europe, Middle East & Africa, Regional Business Unit (EMEA RBU) and Global Travel Retail division is Andrew Carter, who moves from Bacardi, where he is the current MD of Global Travel Retail. Carter has also been the global category director for Bombay Sapphire UK marketing director for Bacardi Martini. Prior to his time with Bacardi, Carter worked for Lion Nathan, HP Bulmers and Reckitt Benckiser.
Carter will remain with Bacardi until April and will assist with a transition to his successor, who will be announced in the coming weeks.
“We’re very pleased to secure Andrew and see his experience in global companies and Europe in particular, combined with the growing industry opportunity of global travel retail, as being critical to the overall success of our business,” said Treasury's CEO, David Dearie. “Our new global structure places equal emphasis on our brands, supply and the regions in which we operate and it will allow us to pursue growth opportunities that optimise the returns for our business as a whole.”
Carter will report directly in to Dearie.
To read Treasury's official announcement, click here.
Bacardi has confirmed the appointment of a permanent regional president for Latin America, recruiting a Campari executive to fill the role....
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research