AUS: Treasury Wine Estates' Rosemount Estate becomes official wine of AFL
Treasury Wine Estate's deal with the AFL will run for a year
Treasury Wine Estates has lined up a partnership with the Australian Football League (AFL) for its Rosemount Estate brand.
The one-year agreement, announced today (13 June) gives Rosemount exclusivity as the wine served at all AFL official events. The AFL hosts around 50 functions and events per year in the country, including the AFL Hall of Fame Induction Dinner, Brownlow Medal night, official match day functions and Grand Final functions.
Financial details behind the tie-up were not disclosed.
“We have been the wine of choice for Australian social occasions for over 35 years and, like the AFL, we’re excited about the future and the opportunities for expansion this brings,” said Angus McPherson, MD of Rosemount Estate at Treasury.
“This partnership will help build our brand and open opportunities for sampling and enjoyment occasions that align with the AFL’s needs and those of their passionate supporters.”
The partnership “builds on the corporate partnership” with Treasury, the company added.
The wine category is, to put it tactfully, different in many ways. No more so than when it comes to its relationship with the environment. Part one of this month's four-part briefing on environmental ...
Part two of this four-part management briefing on environmental sustainability in the wine sector looks at how the larger players play their part. ...
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Coca-Cola to get boost from Monster in China
- CCE shows faith in Coca-Cola Life with full launch
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- United Spirits bids for distribution deal approval
- Gruppo Campari US unit head steps down
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018