AUS: Treasury Wine Estates' Rosemount Estate becomes official wine of AFL
Treasury Wine Estate's deal with the AFL will run for a year
Treasury Wine Estates has lined up a partnership with the Australian Football League (AFL) for its Rosemount Estate brand.
The one-year agreement, announced today (13 June) gives Rosemount exclusivity as the wine served at all AFL official events. The AFL hosts around 50 functions and events per year in the country, including the AFL Hall of Fame Induction Dinner, Brownlow Medal night, official match day functions and Grand Final functions.
Financial details behind the tie-up were not disclosed.
“We have been the wine of choice for Australian social occasions for over 35 years and, like the AFL, we’re excited about the future and the opportunities for expansion this brings,” said Angus McPherson, MD of Rosemount Estate at Treasury.
“This partnership will help build our brand and open opportunities for sampling and enjoyment occasions that align with the AFL’s needs and those of their passionate supporters.”
The partnership “builds on the corporate partnership” with Treasury, the company added.
The wine category is, to put it tactfully, different in many ways. No more so than when it comes to its relationship with the environment. Part one of this month's four-part briefing on environmental ...
Part two of this four-part management briefing on environmental sustainability in the wine sector looks at how the larger players play their part. ...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- The Beer Engine that is Africa
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer