AUS: Treasury Wine Estates reveals new chairman
Treasury Wine Estates will have its second chairman in place in September
Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) has announced it has found a new chairman to replace Max Ould.
Paul Rayner, a non-executive director at the Melbourne-based winemaker and distributor, will succeed Ould, the group's first-ever chairman, on 1 September, the company said today (20 July).
Ould, who has been in the post since May last year, said: "It has been both a pleasure and a privilege to have served as the first chairman of Treasury Wine Estates and it is with comfort and confidence that I pass the baton on to Paul."
The company is also appointing three non-executive directors - Ed Chan, Garry Hounsell and Michael Cheek - who will also take up their positions from September.
Earlier this month, TWE revealed that Stephen Brauer, MD of its Beringer unit, had left the firm to pursue "external opportunities".
The penultimate part of just-drinks' review of 2012 looks at a tumultuous year for the wine category....
The wine category is, to put it tactfully, different in many ways. No more so than when it comes to its relationship with the environment. Part one of this month's four-part briefing on environmental ...
Part two of this four-part management briefing on environmental sustainability in the wine sector looks at how the larger players play their part. ...
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Pay freeze anger threatens Carlsberg UK site
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research