TRAVEL RETAIL: Treasury Wine Estates poaches Bacardi exec in Asia
Treasury Wine Estates is looking to drive growth in Travel Retail in Asia
Treasury Wine Estates has confirmed a change of Travel Retail manager in Asia for its Global Travel Retail division.
The Australia-headquartered company said late yesterday (29 April) that Michele Tan will join the unit from Bacardi, where she was Asia Pacific Travel Retail area manager for Singapore and Indochina. Tan replaces Molly Low who left TWE late last year to join Distel.
“Michele will work with the team to drive the strategy and distribution of TWE’s wines into airports, airlines, cruises, ferries and border stores across Asia,” said Andrew Carter, TWE's MD of EMEA & Global Travel Retail. “Although we’ve made great progress in the past year, wine is still under-represented in the Global Travel Retail channel and we are working hard to change that.”
“Whilst it is a replacement, under the new Global Travel Retail structure, the role has changed/expanded somewhat in its remit,” a spokesperson for TWE told just-drinks today.
Effective immediately, the appointment sees Tan work out of Singapore, reporting in to Global Travel Retail commercial director Tom King.
Late last year, TWE upped its efforts in Travel Retail with the creation of three new positions.
In the second part of this month's just-drinks management briefing, looking at environmental sustainability in the spirits industry, Ben Cooper highlights the need to work closely with suppliers....
just-drinks continues its management briefing series on environmental sustainability this month, with a focus on the spirits industry. This, the penultimate part of the four-part briefing, turns the s...
The final part of this month's management briefing, which looks at environmental sustainability in the spirits industry, looks at the role that packaging has to play in helping to keep things green. ...
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends