TRAVEL RETAIL: Treasury Wine Estates poaches Bacardi exec in Asia
Treasury Wine Estates is looking to drive growth in Travel Retail in Asia
Treasury Wine Estates has confirmed a change of Travel Retail manager in Asia for its Global Travel Retail division.
The Australia-headquartered company said late yesterday (29 April) that Michele Tan will join the unit from Bacardi, where she was Asia Pacific Travel Retail area manager for Singapore and Indochina. Tan replaces Molly Low who left TWE late last year to join Distel.
“Michele will work with the team to drive the strategy and distribution of TWE’s wines into airports, airlines, cruises, ferries and border stores across Asia,” said Andrew Carter, TWE's MD of EMEA & Global Travel Retail. “Although we’ve made great progress in the past year, wine is still under-represented in the Global Travel Retail channel and we are working hard to change that.”
“Whilst it is a replacement, under the new Global Travel Retail structure, the role has changed/expanded somewhat in its remit,” a spokesperson for TWE told just-drinks today.
Effective immediately, the appointment sees Tan work out of Singapore, reporting in to Global Travel Retail commercial director Tom King.
Late last year, TWE upped its efforts in Travel Retail with the creation of three new positions.
In the second part of this month's just-drinks management briefing, looking at environmental sustainability in the spirits industry, Ben Cooper highlights the need to work closely with suppliers....
Bacardi’s position as the world’s 12th biggest wine company by volume is based almost entirely on its Martini vermouth and other sparkling wine brand variants. With these products focused in the matur...
just-drinks continues its management briefing series on environmental sustainability this month, with a focus on the spirits industry. This, the penultimate part of the four-part briefing, turns the s...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
The final part of this month's management briefing, which looks at environmental sustainability in the spirits industry, looks at the role that packaging has to play in helping to keep things green. ...
Global Wine industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also ...
For a category that sells around 146.4m cases annually, it may seem unusual to characterise Rum as a relatively unexploited opportunity. Indeed it is already a diverse and eclectic category with a wid...
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report