Product Launch - NZ/EUROPE: Treasury Wine Estates' Matua Lands & Legends
Click through to view the new Matua
Treasury Wine Estates' Matua Lands & Legends
Category - Wine, New Zealand, Sauvignon Blanc & Pinot Noir, 13.5% abv
Available - Since last month in New Zealand, from this month in Europe
Location - New Zealand, Europe
Price - UK SRP of GBP18.99 (US$31) for Sauvignon Blanc, GBP19.99 for Pinot Noir
Distribution - Treasury Wine Estates
Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) has launched an extension to its New Zealand Matua label that aims to further drive growth in the region's wine.
Matua Lands & Legends comprises two variants - Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc and Central Otago Pinot Noir - and claims to be inspired by Maori myths. The expressions were launched in New Zealand last month and are being rolled out to European markets, Treasury Wine Estates told just-drinks at Prowein 2014 today (24 March).
Mathew Bird, marketing director for Europe, Middle East & Africa at TWE, said: “Matua has become a priority brand for TWE based upon its quality credentials, differentiated positioning, retailer confidence and strong rate of sale. Over the past 12 months, Matua has secured major new listings across the board, helping drive the NZ wine category. We are excited to have a new range to fuel further value growth within key channels and premium price segments.”
TWE highlighted lower earnings in New Zealand in its H1 results released in February that drove operating profits in Australia & New Zealand down by 30%.
The Future of the Wine Market in New Zealand to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
"The Future of the Wine Market in New Zealand to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and company researc...read more
Canadean's "Treasury Wine Estates Limited - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major prod...
The CEO of Treasury Wine Estates has admitted there is still a "lot of work" for the group to do in the US, despite seeing healthy growth for its higher-end brands....
Treasury Wine Estates has faced serious challenges since its spin-off from Foster’s Group in 2011. The US, which was a key component of its turnaround plan, has thus far failed to pay dividends. In 20...
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global wine market during December 2013....
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Heineken adds to UK on-trade footprint
- Brewers of Europe recruits communications director
- US drives Cognac export turnaround - figures
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research