Product Launch - UK: Treasury Wine Estates EMEA's Wagon Tree
Treasury Wine Estates EMEA's Wagon Tree
Treasury Wine Estates EMEA (formerly Foster’s EMEA) Wagon Tree
Category - Wine, South Africa, Wagon Tree Chenin Blanc 2009, Rosé 2009 and Cabernet Merlot 2009
Available - From this month
Location - UK, in branches of Asda and “other independent retailers”
Price - GBP5 (US$7.71) per bottle
Distribution - Treasury Wine Estates
Originating from the Western Cape of South Africa, the Wagon Tree range consists of a Chenin Blanc, a Rosé and a Cabernet Merlot.
“The South African category is on the increase and we believe the market is now ready to receive a contemporary premium quality wine brand with an affordable price tag," said Rachel Hawes, innovation brand manager at Treasury Wine Estates EMEA.
The brand takes its name from a South African tree called the ‘Waboom’ whose wood was used by the early settlers for the wheel rims of wagons. The tree has also historically been used to indicate the most fertile soils for growing vines.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends