AUS: Treasury Wine Estates denies Constellation Brands talks over US unit
TWE has been forced to move again to quash rumours it wants to sell its US unit
The Australian Financial Review reported earlier today (15 May) that the two firms have had "informal talks" over a possible deal. The speculation follows similar rumours earlier this month that Pernod Ricard was eyeing TWE's US operations.
In a statement to the Australian Stock Exchange today, TWE said: "Treasury Wine Estates confirms that it has not been approached by, and is not in discussions with, Constellation Brands regarding the company’s US business."
It added: "The company has no intention of selling its US operations and sees that market as a key plank of its future growth platform."
Constellation Brands said in a statement that it "does not comment on rumours or speculation". It added: "Constellation is focused on completing the expansion of its Mexican brewery, driving organic growth and paying down debt."
The writedown led to the departure of CEO David Dearie a month later.
Global Wine Market: News and Events March 2014
Synopsis The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global wine market during March 2014. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the lat...read more
Pernod Ricard's Cognac unit, Maison Martell, is about to celebrate its 300th anniversary. just-drinks caught up with Philippe Guettat, Martell's CEO & chairman, to discuss how the party preparations a...
Constellation Brands, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servi...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
There was a surprise twist to talk this weekend that Diageo was looking to divest one of its alcohol categories. For once, the rumours concerned its wine portfolio and not its beer brands....
Canadean's "Treasury Wine Estates Limited - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major prod...
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Pernod Ricard keen to stem Absolut US declines
- Minimum unit pricing fails to get European backing
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review