AUS: Treasury Wine Estates denies Constellation Brands talks over US unit
TWE has been forced to move again to quash rumours it wants to sell its US unit
The Australian Financial Review reported earlier today (15 May) that the two firms have had "informal talks" over a possible deal. The speculation follows similar rumours earlier this month that Pernod Ricard was eyeing TWE's US operations.
In a statement to the Australian Stock Exchange today, TWE said: "Treasury Wine Estates confirms that it has not been approached by, and is not in discussions with, Constellation Brands regarding the company’s US business."
It added: "The company has no intention of selling its US operations and sees that market as a key plank of its future growth platform."
Constellation Brands said in a statement that it "does not comment on rumours or speculation". It added: "Constellation is focused on completing the expansion of its Mexican brewery, driving organic growth and paying down debt."
The writedown led to the departure of CEO David Dearie a month later.
Global Wine Market: News and Events March 2014
Synopsis The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global wine market during March 2014. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the lat...read more
A storm appears to be brewing in the spirits category and it's a storm borne out of marketing. Can spirits companies settle the terminology tiff before things get out of hand, or is it too late? Ian B...
Constellation Brands, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servi...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Canadean's "Treasury Wine Estates Limited - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major prod...
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets