AUS: Treasury Wine Estates appoints Rosemount wine MD
Treasury Wine Estates appoints Rosemount MD
Treasury Wine Estates has appointed Angus McPherson as the MD of Rosemount wine, as part of a new structure for the Australian wine group.
McPherson will report directly to Treasury Wine Estates' (TWE) CEO, David Dearie, and his appointment reflects the group's strategy to focus on key brands. McPherson, who will take up the role on 1 October, was most recently export sales manager at fellow Australian wine firm Casella Wines.
TWE said that McPherson will be responsible for developing the Rosemount brand business unit, which will also include some wines that the group has labelled "regional champions". His position is one of five brand MD roles created by TWE following the group's demerger from the Foster's Group business in May this year. TWE has also created a chief supply officer role.
Following the restructure, the group's brands will form an independent business unit, alongside a regional business unit, a supply unit and a corporate unit. All four divisions will report directly to Dearie. Previously, a global brand manager reported to regional business heads, who in-turn reported to a group MD.
For news and comment on TWE's full-year results, released last month, click here.
Coca-Cola Amatil's surprise decision to rebuff its right to buy Foster's Group's spirits business could leave SABMiller out of pocket....
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has reported an increase in full-year net profits, boosted by a one-time gain from exiting its beer joint-venture with SABMilller....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages