AUS: Treasury Wine Estates appoints Rosemount wine MD
Treasury Wine Estates appoints Rosemount MD
Treasury Wine Estates has appointed Angus McPherson as the MD of Rosemount wine, as part of a new structure for the Australian wine group.
McPherson will report directly to Treasury Wine Estates' (TWE) CEO, David Dearie, and his appointment reflects the group's strategy to focus on key brands. McPherson, who will take up the role on 1 October, was most recently export sales manager at fellow Australian wine firm Casella Wines.
TWE said that McPherson will be responsible for developing the Rosemount brand business unit, which will also include some wines that the group has labelled "regional champions". His position is one of five brand MD roles created by TWE following the group's demerger from the Foster's Group business in May this year. TWE has also created a chief supply officer role.
Following the restructure, the group's brands will form an independent business unit, alongside a regional business unit, a supply unit and a corporate unit. All four divisions will report directly to Dearie. Previously, a global brand manager reported to regional business heads, who in-turn reported to a group MD.
For news and comment on TWE's full-year results, released last month, click here.
Coca-Cola Amatil's surprise decision to rebuff its right to buy Foster's Group's spirits business could leave SABMiller out of pocket....
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has reported an increase in full-year net profits, boosted by a one-time gain from exiting its beer joint-venture with SABMilller....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends