MIDDLE EAST/AFRICA: Treasury Wine Estates appoints ex-Bacardi exec as unit Travel Retail boss
TWE is upping its focus on Travel Retail in the Middle East, Africa region
Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) has expanded its global Travel Retail team by appointing a new head for its Middle East and Africa (MEA) unit.
Daevid Warren, who has spent the last six years working for Bacardi, took up the newly-created role of TWE's regional business manager for the channel on 1 June, the company said late yesterday (10 July). Based in Dubai, Warren is leading the MEA region in both domestic and global Travel Retail.
A TWE spokesperson told just-drinks the appointment signalled a "much closer focus" on the region for the group.
It comes after TWE last week announced the appointment of a new president for its Asia and Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA) unit.
Warren, who has been based in Dubai for the last three years as Bacardi Martini's senior regional manager, is charged with “driving strong long-term partnerships” and “establishing Penfolds as a global luxury icon brand”.
Tom King, TWE's global Travel Retail general manager, said: “MEA is a strategically important channel for TWE and he (Warren) will play a key role in delivering our ambitions.”
TWE has also appointed Hayley Loveridge and Julia McKie to its global Travel Retail sales and marketing team.
TWE has been through a tumultous time of late, with the group fending off a takeover bid and dealing with speculation around its future ownership. Last month, CEO Michael Clarke announced a raft of changes as the company battles a volatile global wine market and a struggling US unit.
Bacardi has launched a range of Single Cane Estate rums, describing them as the "new single malt" of the category....
La Martiniquaise-owned rum brand Saint James is celebrating its 250th anniversary with a global marketing campaign and a commemorative bottling....
Treasury Wine Estates has repackaged its Beringer Founders' Estate wines ahead of an advertising campaign on the Food Network in the US....
Bacardi has expanded its rum portfolio with the acquisition of Banks, a "super-premium" range that sells just 6,000 cases a year. The company announced the transaction today but did not release financ...
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits