Poland: Treasury call off Polmos Zielona Gora sale for second time
A tender to sell at least 51% of leading Polish vodka producer Polmos Zielona Gora has been cancelled for the second time by the Polish treasury.
According to local press reports the tender was cancelled because the treasury, which refused to reveal the number or names of bidders were not satisfied by the bids received.
The treasury cancelled previous sell-off talks with German beverage-company Eckes AG and Sweden's Vin&Sprit for a 51-80% stake in the distillery for the same reason in July.
Sales of Zielona Gora's Luksusowa vodka, account for 10% of the domestic market.
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q4 & FY
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- CCA - Coca-Cola's Canary in the Mine
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory
- Brown-Forman unveils Jack Daniel's UK push
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- Champagne will not regain lost ground until 2018