Poland: Treasury call off Polmos Zielona Gora sale for second time
A tender to sell at least 51% of leading Polish vodka producer Polmos Zielona Gora has been cancelled for the second time by the Polish treasury.
According to local press reports the tender was cancelled because the treasury, which refused to reveal the number or names of bidders were not satisfied by the bids received.
The treasury cancelled previous sell-off talks with German beverage-company Eckes AG and Sweden's Vin&Sprit for a 51-80% stake in the distillery for the same reason in July.
Sales of Zielona Gora's Luksusowa vodka, account for 10% of the domestic market.
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Kirin eyes expansion after Byron Bay Brewing buy
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?