US: Transitional year sees Drinks Americas loss gap grow
Drinks Americas Holdings has seen its losses widen in what it has described as a year of "transition".
The Connecticut-based drinks marketer, which includes Trump Super Premium Vodka in its portfolio, said yesterday (8 August) that net loss for its year to the end of April grew to US$9.4m compared to net losses of $5.8m a year earlier.
Sales in the year leapt by 278% to $6.1m, with the company expecting shipments of Trump vodka to hit shipments of 100,000 cases in the product's first year to November. Drinks Americas warned, however that shipments of its new 1.75-litre version of Trump vodka were delayed as a result of "production issues related to the complexities of bottle engineering and design".
Company president and CEO, Patrick Kenny, said: "Our fiscal 2007 was a year of transition from a development stage to commercialisation phase of our business. Our strategic positioning in 2006 to strengthen our balance sheet, develop national distribution for Trump Super Premium Vodka and Newman's Own (fruit juice range), and launch a national sales and marketing campaign, all laid the groundwork for several promising initiatives announced in the first two quarters of 2007, including our Trump Super Premium Vodka flavour extensions and our landmark partnership with Interscope Geffen A&M Records."
Going forward, the company said it is focusing on the Cognac and Tequila categories, as well as premium and craft beer and the non-alcoholic sector for new products.
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Soyuz Victan has announced plans to outsource sales and distribution for its Silk vodka brand in the US....
The head of Vin & Sprit's spirits division has said that the current global economic uncertainty should not affect the unit in 2008....
The Swedish government is considering keeping a stake in soon-to-be-privatised spirits producer V&S, local reports have suggested, while speculation is also growing that the sale price could fall due ...
Vin & Sprit is toasting a record year for its Absolut Spirits division in 2007....
The Pink Spirits Co. has announced plans to launch its Pink vodka brand into the Israeli market....
Vin & Sprit has declined to comment on claims that it would prefer Swedish investment company Investor as its future owner....
Vodka continued its surge in the US market in 2007, and distilled spirit sales overall in the country grew for the eighth straight year, up 5.6% in value and 2.4% in volume, according to figures relea...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets