UK: Tradition & Innovation Sit Side by Side in the Spirits Market
Fighting the traditional corner, albeit with a modern twist, is France's Liquoristerie de Provence with Lamesinthe liqueur. The spirit recalls the absinthe era with its art deco design, although under French law it cannot contain any absinthe. Another company to give a modern spin to a traditional concept is Eckes of Germany, whose Chantré Cuvée Rouge brandy is described as the only one on the market distilled from red wine.
UK retailer Tesco has chosen to capitalize on rising demand for organic produce with its Organic Dry London Gin and Imperial Vodka. These products are both presented in simple-looking bottles and mark a brave attempt to establish an organic alternative in a market already replete with claims of purity and nature.
Bacardi-Martini's new Metz 40 schnapps, meanwhile, shares the name of the premium packaged spirit range but contains 40% alcohol. Its launch represents a reversal of the recent trend for moving established spirit brands like Smirnoff and Bacardi into the pre-mix market.
Also striking out for innovation is H P Bulmer with the Sidekick range of flavored schnapps for young adults in the UK. The drinks contain 20% alcohol and are presented in single-shot 30ml glasses which can fit over the edge of a conventional glass for easy carrying in a bar.
New from Halewood International is Reloaded Red Square Irn-Bru, which combines vodka, taurine, caffeine and ginseng with AG Barr's popular carbonate brand. And for fruit lovers, the company now offers Shakers Smoovie, a range of fruit smoothies blended with vodka or white rum.
For these and other traditional and innovative spirits, visit the Worldwide Innovations Network at http://win.datamonitor.com.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Bacardi has unveiled the identity of its new CEO and president....
The chairman and chief executive of Bacardi International Ltd. is to retire, according to press reports....
Bacardi Limited and The Glenmorangie Company have said their UK and European distribution agreements will come to an end on 30th June 2005. Moet Hennessy, which acquired The Glenmorangie Company at th...
Alcohol intake amongst young female adults in the UK continues to rise and shows no signs of abating, according to a recent report....
Cobra Beer has launched an alcohol-free beer in South Africa, the UK and in its European and Asian export markets....
Brown-Forman Beverages has replaced Bacardi as its spirits distributor in Canada....
Bacardi USA., Inc. has appointed Sex and the City actress Kim Cattrall as the celebrity spokeswoman for its new FAB, Island Breeze....
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research