CANADA: Trade body hits back at soft drinks labelling plans
Canada's soft drinks industry has defended its nutrition labels after the country's health authority proposed changes to make them easier to read.
The Canadian Beverage Association said yesterday (14 July) that existing labels already provide “clear and consumer-friendly” calorie information on the front of all packaging. The body said the labelling is a result of its “Clear on Calories” programme designed to make it easier for Canadians “to make informed dietary choice”.
The comments from the CBA, which represents about 60 beverage manufactures in Canada including The Coca-Cola Co and PepsiCo, follow Health Canada proposals to alter the nutrition labels used on food, including the clearer labelling of sugars and "more consistent" serving sizes.
Proposed changes encompass alterations to the format of Canada's Nutrition Facts table the list of ingredients; the list of nutrients that must appear in the table; daily values; the grouping of sugars together; and serving sizes.
For a summary of the proposals, click here.
Fruit and Vegetable Juice Market in Canada to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
This industry report offers the most up-to-date market data on the actual market situation, trends and future outlook for fruit and vegetable juice in Canada. The research includes historic market dat...read more
PepsiCo, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings ...
The company is looking to enhance its core capabilities of consumer marketing, commercial leadership, franchise leadership, and bottling and distribution operations to drive its sales growth and profi...
Coca-Cola face a challenging situation in which economic recovery is fragile in developed markets, while China and Brazil are seeing a slowdown in sales. Consumers’ desire for diverse and healthy beve...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research