RUSSIA: Tougher standards on alcohol planned
The Russian government is set to introduce tougher standards on imported and domestically produced alcoholic beverages, according to local reports.
"The tougher regulations will apply to Russian producers and importers under the new law on the alcohol trade," health minister Mikhail Zurabov was quoted as saying by news agency RIA Novosti yesterday (17 April).
The news comes as repercussions continue over Russia's decision to suspend imports of Moldovan and Georgian wine on March 27 after chief medical officer Gennady Onishchenko suggested the wines failed to meet current health and safety standards.
As many as 35,000 people die in Russia each year from alcohol poisoning and Zurabov said the government was determined to tackle the problem.
In this month's Just the Answer interview, Marcus Grant, president of the alcohol policy think-tank, the International Center for Alcohol Policies (ICAP), discusses alcohol legislation, self-regulatio...
Flavoured vodkas have been a major success story in the US where they have prospered on the back of strong sector growth and premiumisation. With European markets also showing consistent growth and so...
Threats of alcohol nationalisation have been played down by the Russian Government....
Brasserie Kronenbourg has clarified earlier reports about its entry into the low alcohol beer sector in France....
Costs relating to alcohol abuse in Sweden are on the rise, according to research out this week....
Police in eastern Kenya have said that at least 24 people died on Saturday after drinking illegally produced alcohol....
According to a recently published study, people who drink alcohol may have a lower risk of developing a type of cancer which affects the lymphatic system known as non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL)....
Diageo is calling for facts labels to be placed on alcohol beverages in the US....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages