NZ: Top-end winemaker Gravitas Estate for sale
A New Zealand vineyard with a sales strategy geared toward top-end restaurants across the globe is up for sale.
Marlborough-based Gravitas Estate is to be sold to allow its owners to concentrate on other business opportunities.
The sale includes 40 hectares of grapes and the brands assets owned by the Gravitas Estate Co. Approval has also been granted for a winery, a 50-metre underground barrel hall and cellar door, should new owners wish to expand the estate.
Gravitas Estate was established by Martyn and Pam Nicholls in the late 1990s and became known for high standards in growing and production techniques including harvesting by hand.
Officials at Gravitas Estate could not be reached for comment.
French wines with a catchy name and something of the New World about them are not a new phenomenon but, writes Chris Losh, there's something about such brands that doesn't quite ring true. What is req...
Having once produced earnings and revenue growth as regularly as clockwork, US brewing giant Anheuser-Busch stuttered last year. But there are signs that the brewer is quickly regaining its touch, wri...
Former William Grant & Sons executive vice-president and national sales manager Joel Gosler has formed a new US import and marketing company....
Denver craft brewer Flying Dog Brewery has added to its range of specialty beers with the launch of the Whiskey Barrel-Aged Gonzo Imperial Porter....
Brown-Forman has updated the look of its Gentleman Jack Rare Tennessee Whiskey....
Saint Arnold Brewing Company has posted a healthy rise in full-year production....
Anheuser-Busch has seen its sales and earnings rebound during the first nine months of the year compared to 2005, despite slow volume growth across the industry....
Leblon Cachaca, which markets the Brazilian cane spirit of the same name, has announced that the best-selling author and former owner of the Philadelphia 76ers, Pat Croce, has invested US$1m in the co...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages