AUS: Tooheys campaign breaches ad rules - report
Lion Nathan has been forced to change its ad campaign for beer brand Tooheys New after breaking Australian advertising codes.
The Trans-Tasman brewer had to can a 90-second spot and pull four billboard ads after the Australian Advertising Standards Bureau ruled it promoted excessive drinking and the mood-changing effects of beer, The Sydney Morning Herald said yesterday (10 August).
The report said that the ads were initially vetted and approved but came under the scrutiny of Australia's advertising watchdogs after two complaints.
The ad showed a jubilant crowd cheering as it rained beer, the report said. Lion argued that the ad was clearly fantasy but the watchdog disagreed. A spokesman for the Advertising Standards Bureau said the company was forced to make "extensive and expensive" changes, the report added.
Australian beer and wine group Lion Nathan is expected to announce a move into ready-to-drink spirits next week. David Robertson assesses the options available to Lion as it seeks to emulate the succe...
Lion Nathan has postponed plans to buy back shares worth A$200m (US$155m) as it eyes acquisition targets in Australia and New Zealand....
Trans-Tasman brewer and wine group Lion Nathan has confirmed its full-year profit guidance after a "solid" first quarter....
Kirin Brewery Co. has today (7 February) outlined plans to consolidate its alcohol, soft drinks and other businesses under one holding company....
Constellation Brands has lined up a replacement for the outgoing president at Hardy Wine Company. John Grant will assume the position at the Australian wine unit, replacing David Woods, who is set to ...
Independent Liquor has lined up a new chief executive to lead the New Zealand company following its sale to a private equity firm late last year....
Lion Nathan has received a sizeable tax demand, following an audit at one of its subsidiaries....
Private equity firm CCMP Capital has won the race for Independent Liquor, just-drinks understands....
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Heineken to cut jobs in global shake-up
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Heineken N.V. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly