UK: Tobermory Distillery rolls-out limited edition malt
Burn Stewart Distillers is adding a 15-year-old Limited Edition Single Malt Scotch Whisky to its Tobermory Distillery range.
The brand extension, was made using a "dual-location-maturation", first transferring the spirit into González Byass Oloroso Sherry casks and then moving each cask from the mainland, where the whisky develops, back to the island of Mull for its final year.
The bottle comes gift-boxed in dark-gold oak, with the bottle wrapped in a gift tissue wrap that illustrates Tobermory Bay. Final touches include a three piece insert, incorporating a smoked grey clear foiled envelope; historic photograph with master distiller's tasting notes and a gift card with bay imagery.
Alison Winship, Burn Stewart's marketing manager for the brand said: "The release of this cherished 15 year old island single malt from Tobermory's distillery has been inspired by the island and its people - a place where tradition and authenticity are omnipresent. This new pack has been nurtured and hand-crafted to reflect its roots and, like all great things, it will remain limited and treasured."
Not surprisingly perhaps it is the effects of the global economic downturn that have dominated the wine pages of just-drinks over the past year. Richard Woodard reviews a difficult year for the intern...
Scotch whisky producers remain optimistic as the spreading economic flu bug sees the industry facing its first rocky period for several years....
Brown spirits, led by whisky, are making a comeback in the US market, according to new research....
An alliance of French and Spanish wine producers is to share EUR450,000 in marketing subsidies from the European Commission over three years....
Central European Distribution Organisation, the wine and spirits group, has said it has signed a deal to refinance its short-term debt, enabling it to continue investing in key growth markets....
Diageo has recruited Formula 1 world champion Lewis Hamilton alongside rival Mika Häkkinen for anti-drink drive campaign in the UK....
Diageo Great Britain has reported strong growth in off-trade wine & spirits volumes in the countdown to Christmas....
Diageo has lined up a brace of television adverts in the US for its Crown Royal Canadian blended whisky brand....
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Heineken 2012-2016 - results data
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends