UK: TM Robertson acquired by Sir David Murray
Scottish wine merchant TM Robertson has been bought by Sir David Murray, according to a report.
Murray, who is chairman of Rangers Football Club, completed the deal at the weekend for an undisclosed sum, Scotland on Sunday reported.
A spokesperson for TM Robertson today (18 May) declined to confirm or deny the sale when contacted by just-drinks.
Murray already owns a number of wine businesses, including Domaine Jessiaume, a vineyard in the village of Santenay in the Côte de Beaune, Edinburgh Wine Importers and Château Routas, a 630-acre wine in Provence.
- Comment - Scotch's Battle with Age
- Focus - The Risks of Acquisitions
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Pernod Ricard to up focus on consumers - CEO
- Roust takes on Bushmills distribution in Russia
- Diageo creates USL unit to oversee own brands
- Brown-Forman completes Kentucky acquisition
- Diageo to close Maryland bottling site
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review