RUSSIA: Tinkoff to go international
The Russian brewer Tinkoff plans to launch an international brand of beer, the company said yesterday. At a press conference held in Moscow, the company's board chairman, Oleg Tinkov, said that the beer producer is hiring Italian designer Oliviero Toskani as creative director for the project.
The position of creative director has been created by Tinkoff specifically for Toskani, who used to work at Benetton from 1982 to 2000.
The brewer, one of Russia's largest beer producers, currently exports beer to the US, Germany and Israel. It intends to enter other foreign markets with its new beer.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US
- Carbonates in India