CHINA: Tingyi H1 profits leap on lower costs
- H1 net profits for beverages up 125% to US$197m
- Net beverage sales increase 2.5% to $3.3bn
- Operating profits (EBIT) for beverages grow 84% to $274m
- Group sales up 1.5%
Tingyi warned of a slow down in China
Tingyi has boosted profits in its beverage unit as raw material costs fell, but the China-based group also warned of a slowdown in its domestic market.
Net profits for beverages were up 125% to US$197m in the six months to the end of June, Tingyi said yesterday. Net beverage sales climbed 2.5% to $3.3bn in the same period while operating profits (EBIT) for beverages increased 84% to $274m.
Sales growth was below the overall China beverage market, which increased by 3.4%. The group said there was a “downturn” in the domestic economy in Q2, caused by weak consumer spending and unfavourable weather but that its margins improved because of lower costs on sugar and PET resin.
Looking ahead to Q3, Tingyi said it aims to capture beverage sales during the peak buying season.
The company, which also sells instant noodles and snacks, said overall group profits were up 38% to $337m, while sales climbed by 1.5% to $5.5bn.
Tingyi's share price in Hong Kong fell this morning but rallied in the afternoon to end level.
To read the company's full results, click here.
Fruit and Vegetable Juice Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
This industry report offers the most up-to-date market data on the actual market situation, trends and future outlook for fruit and vegetable juice in China. The research includes historic market data...read more
The camera soars low over fields of spiked agave plants, past workers toiling under the hot Mexican sun. You turn your head as you drift into the hold of a truck. Suddenly you're in a bustling Tequila...
PepsiCo, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings ...
Synopsis Canadean's "PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contai...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
This case study explores why activist Investor Nelson Peltz is advocating that PepsiCo should separate its drinks and snacks divisions. It assesses the case for and against division, and considers whe...
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- NPD: Bacardi's Bacardi Carta Fuego
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Innis & Gunn looks to build first brewery
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)