INDIA: Tilaknagar Industries open to deals after Pernod Ricard, Suntory reports
Tilaknagar has discussed the possibility of tie-ups
The company, which produces around 40 Indian Made Foreign Liquor Brands, did not comment directly on yesterday's report in the country's Business Standard newspaper. But, in a statement to the Bombay Stock Exchange today (8 August) the company said at "several" times it has been "exploring various types of business associations, tie-ups, relationships ... across players in the domestic and international markets".
The group, which yesterday reported a jumped in Q1 sales and profits, said the discussions "may or may not" come to fruition.
When contacted by just-drinks today (8 August), a spokesperson for Pernod Ricard said the company will not comment during its closed period.
Nobody from Suntory was immediately available for comment.
To read an exclusive in-depth focus on Tilaknagar Industries, click here.
The Future of the Spirits Market in India to 2017
The report presents detailed data on the Spirits consumption trends in India, historic and forecast consumption volume and value at market and category level, brand share, alcoholic strength, price se...read more
With recent claims that China has become the world's biggest consumer of red wine, Chris Losh considers what wine producers can learn from the current travails facing international spirits companies i...
Business Monitor International's France Food and Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, food and drink associations, government departments and regulatory bo...
Some interesting developments have been occuring within the Vodka category since the publication of our previous global market review of the category....
The flavoured vodka category has been a growth engine of the spirits sector for some time, but new research from just-drinks suggests that the sub-category no longer represents the easy route to growt...
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report