UK: Tiger UK makes country manager appointment
Tiger UK has confirmed a change of leadership.
The UK subsidiary of Asia Pacific Breweries said yesterday (21 July) that Ashley Tham will assume the position of UK country manager, with current MD, Alan Gourdie, standing down to return to his native New Zealand.
In his new role, Tham will manage all aspects of the UK sales and marketing operation and will lead the UK management team behind the Tiger brand and Tiger UK's portfolio of world beer brands. Tham moves from his current role as European market manager from Asia Pacific Breweries.
The existing UK management team will remain largely unchanged, with Jonathan Ford moving from director of sales for on-trade to UK sales director.
Director of sales for off-trade, Roger Gray, replaces Tham in the role of European market manager, and will oversee the team developing Tigers business across Europe.
Tham, said: "I am delighted to be taking on this new role within Tiger Beer UK and believe that with the experience of the management team we have in place, we are in position to drive further growth in our business."
The new appointments will be effective from 1 August.
Sectors: Beer & cider
Vijay Mallya, owner of the UB Group, sits astride an enormous business empire which includes some of the largest drinks operations in one of the world's most exciting emerging markets. In the second p...
The brewing sector has seen steady consolidation in recent years and 2008 was certainly no exception. Olly Wehring reviews a year which began with the protracted takeover of S&N by Heineken and Carlsb...
Asia Pacific Breweries (APB) has appointed Heineken Deutschland to handle its Tiger Beer brand in Germany....
Asia Pacific Breweries has switched the importation, marketing and distribution of its Tiger Beer brand to Scottish & Newcastle UK in the country....
Asia Pacific Breweries has upped its stake in Thai Asia Pacific Brewery Co. and TAP Trading Co....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
A poster advert for Asia Pacific Breweries' Tiger beer brand in the UK has been banned by the country's advertising watchdog following complaints of it being "disrespectful to Eastern culture"....
Strong growth from Tiger and Heineken beer brands have boosted Asia Pacific Breweries in its full-year, the brewer has said....
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Tesco pulls small carton-size Ribena, Rubicon, Cap
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research