SINGAPORE: Tiger beer now brewing in Thailand
Tiger Beer is now being brewed in Thailand, Asia Pacific Breweries Limited (APB) has announced. The beer is being brewed in the country by an associate company, Thai Asia Pacific Brewery Co. Ltd (TAPB).
In a statement to the Stock Exchange of Singapore, APB said that brewing Tiger Beer at the TAPB brewery, located at Nonthaburi, will maximise its brewing capacity which was doubled in February this year to 2 m hectolitres. It said Tiger Beer will be available at more than 10,000 outlets, including convenience stores, grocery shops, hypermarkets and restaurants in Thailand.
Speaking to Asia Pulse, APB's chief executive officer, Koh Poh Tiong, said: "Brewing Tiger Beer in Thailand adds one more piece to the Asian map for the growth of the brand."
Thailand is now the 7th country to brew the popular beer.
Koh said TAPB has gained about 80% of the Thai premium beer market with Heineken beer.
"Our next step, therefore, is to grow the premium beer segment and we believe that we can achieve this by brewing Tiger Beer locally," he told Asia Pulse.
"Heineken and Tiger Beer together have formed a formidable partnership that has been successful in many countries."
Apart from extending the brand further, Koh said that the move is also strategic in enabling TAPB to counter competition in Thailand.
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
ING has raised its target for Heineken's share price after analysing the brewer's options to save costs....
Heineken's CEO-in-waiting has no plan to radically alter the brewer's strategy, he said in an interview today....
Heineken has restructured its top management, in a move that includes the retirement of current CEO and chairman Thony Ruys from October this year....
Heineken said yesterday that its Austrian subsidiary Brau Union AG has signed an agreement for the divestment of its Real Estate Division. This division comprises all non-business related real estate ...
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
Heineken Espana is looking to invest heavily in a new plant in southern Spain....
Grupo Empresarial Bavaria is not looking to sell up, its president has confirmed....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages