UK: Tia Maria unveils mother of all ads
Allied Domecq has unveiled the latest advertising campaign for its coffee liqueur Tia Maria. The TV ad, called "Come to Mummy" is to cost £5.5m (US$7.8m) and will run nationwide across the UK from October.
The ad is part of AD's attempt to push Tia Maria as a modern mixer to women between the ages of 18 and 40.
Filmed in Mexico and produced by Rianey Kelly Campbell Roalfe Y&R, the ads feature Katrina Preciado, who uses her mystical powers to draw a highway patrol man to a seductive encounter.
In using dark, alluring images it is a natural continuation of Tia Maria's past campaigns such as "After Dark" and "Princess of Darkness".
Richard Hayes, marketing director of ADSW (UK) said: "'Come to Mummy' is a very powerful piece of advertising, which uses Tia Maria's values of intrigue, mystery and sensuality to create a scenario where a girl, using her power of control, draws the male to her - but leaves the outcome totally to the imagination of the viewers."
ADSW has an aggressive media plan for the advertisement. In the initial launch period alone, it says that "Come to Mummy" will be seen by 6.8m or 80% of the target group 18- to 44-year-old women at least once, with 60% seeing the ad three times.
Companies: Allied Domecq
Conflicting reports circulated this weekend over whether Bacardi International is looking to form a counter-bid for Allied Domecq....
Todays press reports into Pernod and Fortune's hopes to buy Allied Domecq warn of possible conflicts and set a date for completion....
Allied Domecq has added a new flavour to its Malibu range. The company said yesterday that it would be launching Malibu Passion Fruit in the US from April 15....
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
LVMH has said it is not looking to buy Mumm Champagne from Allied Domecq....
The US consumer goods group Fortune Brands has confirmed it is in talks about launching a joint bid with Pernod Ricard for Allied Domecq....
Diageo is to launch a new global advertising campaign for Smirnoff Ice. The first ad in the global campaign, 'Garden', launches in Great Britain on April 11th on terrestrial and satellite TV. ...
Fideuram Wargny has upgraded its rating of Pernod Ricard to 'buy' from 'hold'. Its analysts argue that the merger talks with Allied Domecq is a catalyst for share growth....
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How soft drinks can exploit alcohol's loss
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo investment paying off for Captain Morgan
- Diageo job cut figures "likely overstated"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends