UK: Thresher announces new chief exec
Thresher has announced its new chief executive. Following David Williams' departure last month, the independent drinks retailer has appointed Roger Whiteside to replace him. Whiteside will join the off-licence chain next month.
Whiteside has previously led the online grocery business Ocado, and headed Marks & Spencer's food business.
Speaking to the Financial Times, group chairman Stephen Alexander said: "Roger is joining us at a critical time as we develop an exciting future through investment in our brands, formats, infrastructure and retail operations."
At the time of the announcement of Williams' departure in February, Thresher made no comment on the matter.
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk