US: Three senior execs to leave Beam Inc in wake of Suntory takeover
The US$16bn deal is due to complete before the middle of next week
In a filing to the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) on Friday (18 April), the Illinois-based group said its CFO, Robert Probst, and corporate controller Leo Mierzwicki had both tendered their resignation. "In view of the impact on their roles due to the impending acquisition of the company by Suntory Holdings, each has made a personal decision to resign ... to consider other professional opportunities," the filing said.
The sale of Beam to Japan's Suntory Holdings is expected to complete by Wednesday next week, after the US firm's shareholders last month approved the US$16bn deal.
Probst will step down on 31 May, while Mierzwicki will leave on 10 July.
Beam's North America president, William Newlands, has also decided to leave, the company said, with his last day being 31 May. However, he will be retained as a consulant for the group's North America business.
Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offeri...
Canadean's "Suntory Holdings Limited: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a compa...
A storm appears to be brewing in the spirits category and it's a storm borne out of marketing. Can spirits companies settle the terminology tiff before things get out of hand, or is it too late? Ian B...
Suntory’s surprise takeover of Beam in April 2014 has created the world’s sixth biggest spirits company. Although not currently showing in Euromonitor International data, this profile will look at Sun...
Beam, as the world’s fourth largest international spirits company and seventh largest overall, should be in a strong position. In some ways it is, however, it suffers from a large proportion of its vo...
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research