US: Three senior execs to leave Beam Inc in wake of Suntory takeover
The US$16bn deal is due to complete before the middle of next week
In a filing to the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) on Friday (18 April), the Illinois-based group said its CFO, Robert Probst, and corporate controller Leo Mierzwicki had both tendered their resignation. "In view of the impact on their roles due to the impending acquisition of the company by Suntory Holdings, each has made a personal decision to resign ... to consider other professional opportunities," the filing said.
The sale of Beam to Japan's Suntory Holdings is expected to complete by Wednesday next week, after the US firm's shareholders last month approved the US$16bn deal.
Probst will step down on 31 May, while Mierzwicki will leave on 10 July.
Beam's North America president, William Newlands, has also decided to leave, the company said, with his last day being 31 May. However, he will be retained as a consulant for the group's North America business.
A storm appears to be brewing in the spirits category and it's a storm borne out of marketing. Can spirits companies settle the terminology tiff before things get out of hand, or is it too late? Ian B...
Beam Suntory has launched a version of its Alberta Rye Dark Horse Canadian whisky in the US. ...
Late last month, the 15th annual San Francisco World Spirits Competition took place. Last week, the list of Best in Show awards was released. Here is part one of the full list of winners....
Beam Suntory has launched another flavour extension for its Cruzan rum brand. ...
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Sazerac poaches ex-Diageo government director