This week in spirits & wine, featuring wine's losing battle with marketing, the chance to buy 27% of Distell and Bacardi's latest Havana Club move
This week in spirits & wine on just-drinks
Looking for a single reason why the ready-to-drink (RTD) category is set for such strong progress during the coming five years will be a fruitless task. Yet, it is for that exact reason why the segment's future is so rosy.
?The other day, I had an interview with an Italian wine magazine where I shared some of my experiences as both a wine marketer and a winery owner. The journalist's questions got me thinking about the deep confusion around the term 'marketing'.
South Africa's Competition Commission has approved Anheuser-Busch InBev's takeover of SABMiller, provided the merged entity sells SAB's stake in Distell.
Viña Concha y Toro has posted a marked rise in profits in the first three months of 2016, despite a fall in domestic sales volumes in the US.
The European Commission has put forward a regulation that would prevent drinks brands from refusing to sell to consumers in a foreign European Union member state, if a distributor is prepared to export the product.
Pernod Ricard has restructured its Jameson Irish whiskey range and introduced new products as it looks to highlight the brand's wider offering in the category.
Bacardi is looking to bolster the presence of its version of Havana Club in the US, through a broader roll-out programme and a brand extension.
The number of craft spirits launches around the world leapt by 265% between 2011 and 2015, according to new research.
The US arm of Gruppo Campari has rolled out the company's new spiced rum brand to a raft of states across the country.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts