This week in spirits & wine, featuring Southern Comfort, Mila Kunis and Constellation Brands
The week in spirits and wine
Brown-Forman has agreed to sell its Southern Comfort and Tuaca spirits brands to Sazerac in a deal worth US$543.5m.
Southern Wine & Spirits Of America And Glazer's are to merge to create the largest North American wine and spirits distribution company. The new company, Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits, will cover about 90% of the legal drinking age population in the US. Financial details of the deal, which is expected to close in the second quarter, have not been disclosed.
Bacardi has consolidated a swathe of its distribution arrangements in North America, partnering with the soon-to-be-formed Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits in the majority of the region's markets.
Beam Suntory has created the role of chief strategy officer, while its chief supply chain officer has decided to step down.
Beam Suntory has launched its latest Jim Beam TV advert in the US, featuring actor Mila Kunis, ahead of a global roll-out.
William Grant & Sons has announced a change of leadership at its UK & Ireland unit.
Pernod Ricard has confirmed the discontinuation of its Absolut Amber brand extension, as its replacement, Oak by Absolut, expands into Travel Retail.
Treasury Wine Estates has taken over Diageo's position as US importer for Provence rosé producer Château Minuty.
US distributor Terlato Wines has added Riondo Spago Nero Prosecco to its line-up as it looks to capitalise on the growing trend for Prosecco in the country.
Constellation Brands has confirmed plans to expand one of its wineries in New Zealand in order to meet increasing demand for Sauvignon Blanc.
The production and labeling of American whiskey has to be under the Title 27 of the US Code of Federal Regulations. American whiskey was traditionally produced within the boundaries of the US and can ...
This latest global category insights report from just-drinks/IWSR suggests that: "Liqueurs brand owners need to shout about the crucial role their products play in classic and modern cocktail recipes ...
Sazerac-controlled importer 375 Park Avenue Spirits has appointed a former Bacardi executive to the role of president & COO. ...
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Johnnie Walker Bourbon Cask & Rye Finish - NPD
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report