This week in spirits & wine, featuring Scotch whisky exports, gin's increasing importance and a possible end to Travel Retail exclusives
The week in spirits & wine
What are the key trends in gin? Where are the important markets and what does the future hold? just-drinks, in partnership with The IWSR, presents a seven-part review of the gin category
This month, spirits commentator Ian Buxton ponders the conclusions bandied about following the publication of Scotch whisky export numbers for the first six months of 2016.
As one of the drinks industry's more unpredictable booms continues, have we reached 'peak gin'? Not yet, suggests Richard Woodard, but new market entrants will have to be smart – or have deep pockets – if they're to cash in.
Constellation Brands has emerged victorious in the auction to acquire US whiskey producer High West Distillery.
New European Union regulations on nutritional labelling could put an end to alcohol exclusives in the Global Travel Retail channel, the head of the Tax Free World Association has warned.
Pernod Ricard has confirmed to just-drinks the closure of one of the distilleries in its Our/Vodka project, but has maintained an optimistic outlook for the localised vodka concept.
A "personalised" bottle has helped drive up sales of Baileys by 60% in Dublin airport, Diageo has said, as the company embarks on a personalisation push for the brand in Global Travel Retail.
Travel Retail is facing one of its toughest environments in recent years, the president of the Tax Free World Association has said, as global uncertainty helped push down annual sales for the first time in six years.
British gin exports to the US market have risen by more than 500% the last decade, according to new figures.
The head of SPI Group has said the company won't neglect its vodka brands as it unveils plans to bolster its brown spirits portfolio.
Exports of Bordeaux wines to China have leapt in recent months, although the fallout from the European Union referendum has hit shipments to the UK, recent figures have shown.
Constellation Brands is eyeing the sale of its Canadian wine division, according to a Wall Street Journal report.
Two years after Pernod Ricard launched Chivas Regal Extra at the Tax Free World Exhibition the company has again used the Cannes Travel Retail show to launch a new expression under its flagship Scotch whisky brand.
Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
The recent growth trajectory of non-Scotch whiskies shows no sign of waning in the 2015-20 period, with The IWSR predicting extra sales of some 74m cases over the period. Both US and Irish whiskey ben...read more
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo rolls out vegan Baileys Almande Almondmilk
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends