This week in spirits & wine, featuring new Scotch distillery InchDairnie, Diageo's ex-Bacardi chairman and Patron Tequila's rise to glory
This week in spirits & wine on just-drinks
Diageo's Latin America & Caribbean unit has said it expects sales to be softer in the second half of the year, as it weighs the price of a Don Julio Tequila accounting error.
Fifteen years ago, Patrón only sold about 100,000 cases in the US; in 2015, that figure had risen to well over 2m. Over that decade and a half, the brand has pretty much single-handedly built the luxury Tequila segment in a category previously better known for fuelling frat party antics and morning-after regrets, says Richard Woodard.
The president of Diageo's Latin American & Caribbean division has said Peru could be as successful as Colombia for the company.
Diageo has appointed former Bacardi CEO Javier Ferran to the role of chairman.
Scotch whisky exports continued to lose volumes and value last year as producers faced further global economic headwinds, new figures have shown.
A new single malt Scotch whisky distillery that aims to produce two million litres in its first year signals a move away from the "recent surge" in craft distilleries, its owner has said.
Tucked in to a trading estate in the Scottish county of Fife, beside a local dry cleaning firm and a rubber moulding factory, InchDairnie Distillery is an unusual spot for a whisky revolution, says Andy Morton.
Kentucky Bourbon distillers filled almost 1.9m barrels in 2015, the highest number since 1967, as producers look to meet growing demand.
Jackson Family Wines has lined up another winery acquisition, this time in its home state of California.
Gruppo Campari has confirmed the opening of its tender offer for the shares of Société Des Produits Marnier Lapostolle (SPML).
Pernod Ricard has confirmed the completion of the divestment of its Paddy Irish whiskey brand to Sazerac.
Bacardi has lined up the "next chapter" of the current global marketing campaign for its Grey Goose vodka brand.
Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
The recent growth trajectory of non-Scotch whiskies shows no sign of waning in the 2015-20 period, with The IWSR predicting extra sales of some 74m cases over the period. Both US and Irish whiskey ben...read more
The production and labeling of American whiskey has to be under the Title 27 of the US Code of Federal Regulations. American whiskey was traditionally produced within the boundaries of the US and can ...
This latest global category insights report from just-drinks/IWSR suggests that: "Liqueurs brand owners need to shout about the crucial role their products play in classic and modern cocktail recipes ...
Last month, just-drinks spoke at length with Alex Ricard, the CEO of Pernod Ricard. In the first part of our exclusive interview, Ricard considered the group's recent performances in India and China. ...
The Sazerac Co's Buffalo Trace Distillery has released a four-grain Bourbon, named after former distillery owner Colonel E H Taylor, Jr....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research