This week in spirits & wine, featuring full-year numbers from Pernod Ricard and Distell, another CEO departure at Accolade Wines and Brown-Forman's Tennessee Fire defence
This week in spirits & wine on just-drinks
In this month's Sustainability Spotlight, Ben Cooper examines how Diageo's investment in a UK drinks start-up represents a win, both commercially and sustainably.
Pernod Ricard has forecast a low single-digit lift in profits for the next fiscal year, as the company reported steady sales in fiscal-2016.
Yesterday, Pernod Ricard reported a slight increase in full-year sales. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance by region and brand.
This time last year, "lower growth in the US" drove the company to take the write-down on Absolut, while overall sales in the country were flat. Fast-forward 12 months and overall sales in the US are up by 4%.
A new study suggests US on-premise alcohol sales have hit a "new normal" as consumer drinking patterns undergo a fundamental shift towards home consumption.
Accolade Wines has confirmed reports that its CEO, Paul Schaafsma, is set to step down in the coming months.
When it comes to HR announcements, the departure of a chief executive always gets the juices flowing. Where are they going? Why are they going? Who is replacing them?
Distell has outpaced declines in its domestic South African market to post a solid jump in full year profits and sales despite a write-down on former Pernod Ricard Cognac Bisquit.
Brown-Forman has reported single-digit declines in both sales and profits for its first quarter, as tough comparatives joined with ForEx headwinds and brand divestments to hamper performance.
Brown-Forman's CEO has blamed consumer price fears for a Q1 double-digits US sales slide on Jack Daniel's Tennessee Fire.
SPI Group has bought into Fabrica de Tequilas Finos.
The global alcoholic drinks market will have a moderate growth rate during the forecast period....
Wine is an alcoholic drink produced by the fermentation of grapes or other fruits. It has various health benefits, if consumed in adequate amounts....
Thailand’s Wine market is expected to register high growth during 2015-2020 supported by a large young population base with rising disposable incomes....
Plimsoll Publishing’s Wines, Beers & Spirits Wholesalers (UK) Analysis provides a detailed overview of the UK Wines, Beers & Spirits Wholesalers (UK) market and delivers a comprehensive individual ana...
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt I
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- The just-drinks Analyst
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Beam Suntory boosts top-line in 2016 - results
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Molson Coors hit by US$500m write-down in Canada
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends