This week in spirits & wine, featuring full-year numbers from Pernod Ricard and Distell, another CEO departure at Accolade Wines and Brown-Forman's Tennessee Fire defence
This week in spirits & wine on just-drinks
In this month's Sustainability Spotlight, Ben Cooper examines how Diageo's investment in a UK drinks start-up represents a win, both commercially and sustainably.
Pernod Ricard has forecast a low single-digit lift in profits for the next fiscal year, as the company reported steady sales in fiscal-2016.
Yesterday, Pernod Ricard reported a slight increase in full-year sales. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance by region and brand.
This time last year, "lower growth in the US" drove the company to take the write-down on Absolut, while overall sales in the country were flat. Fast-forward 12 months and overall sales in the US are up by 4%.
A new study suggests US on-premise alcohol sales have hit a "new normal" as consumer drinking patterns undergo a fundamental shift towards home consumption.
Accolade Wines has confirmed reports that its CEO, Paul Schaafsma, is set to step down in the coming months.
When it comes to HR announcements, the departure of a chief executive always gets the juices flowing. Where are they going? Why are they going? Who is replacing them?
Distell has outpaced declines in its domestic South African market to post a solid jump in full year profits and sales despite a write-down on former Pernod Ricard Cognac Bisquit.
Brown-Forman has reported single-digit declines in both sales and profits for its first quarter, as tough comparatives joined with ForEx headwinds and brand divestments to hamper performance.
Brown-Forman's CEO has blamed consumer price fears for a Q1 double-digits US sales slide on Jack Daniel's Tennessee Fire.
SPI Group has bought into Fabrica de Tequilas Finos.
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Diageo lines up 2017 Johnnie Walker expressions
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends