This week in soft drinks & bottled water, featuring Coke Life's "niche" status, PepsiCo's results and consolidation for Coca-Cola bottlers in Japan
This week in soft drinks & bottled water
The Coca-Cola Co is to change tack on its Coke Life distribution in Western Europe, downgrading the newest Coca-Cola trademark innovation to one that targets only to a "niche" group.
It was to be a key weapon in The Coca-Cola Co's fight against declining soda sales. But, since its launch in Argentina in 2013, Coke Life has carried the whiff of underachievement as consumers have struggled to connect with its lower-sugar (but not no-sugar) positioning.
The two largest Coca-Cola bottlers in Japan have confirmed their plans to merge, creating what will be the third-biggest bottling entity in the global Coca-Cola system.
Coca-Cola's recent water-replenishment achievements underline the company's status as a leader in sustainability within the drinks sector. However, Ben Cooper writes, an even greater focus on specific areas of water stress from all drinks companies looks certain to be required to take industry engagement on water to the next level.
PepsiCo has increased year-to-date beverage volumes as its North American drinks unit boosted sales and profits.
The CEO of PepsiCo has hailed healthy beverages, as the company continues to transform its business to keep up with consumer demand for health drinks.
Coca-Cola Co director Evan Greenberg has confirmed his intention to step down.
AG Barr is to cut 10% of its workforce before the end of the year amid a declining UK market that hampered H1 sales and profits.
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has doubled its juice manufacturing capacity in New Zealand with the opening of a new NZD50m (US$36.4m) plant.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research