This week in soft drinks & bottled water, featuring Coca-Cola Co's new brand strategy, PepsiCo's Mountain Dew additions and last year's top NPD
This week in soft drinks & bottled water
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the global soft drinks & bottled water categories. We also have similar round-ups for beer & cider and spirits & wine.
Britvic wants to position sparkling fruit drink Purdey's as the alternative gin mixer to tonic as its prepares a new brand campaign featuring UK actor Idris Elba.
The Coca-Cola has repositioned the marketing strategy for its namesake CSD range, bringing together the global positioning of Coca-Cola, Coca-Cola Light/Diet Coca-Cola, Coca-Cola Zero, and Coca-Cola Life.
The economic turmoil in Russia and Ukraine in 2014-2015 echoed across neighbouring CIS countries in terms of devaluation, leading to a down-trading trend in these markets. What at first glance would appear to offer negative prospects, however, has potential opportunities.
The chief operating officer of the Coca-Cola Co has said the use of plant-based sweetener Stevia, which is a key component in the company's Coke Life, needs to be improved.
PepsiCo has added four flavours to its Mountain Dew Kickstart range ahead of a new marketing campaign for the energy drinks.
Yesterday, the Coca-Cola Co announced plans to bring its Coke, Coke Zero, Diet/Light Coke and Coke Life brands under one marketing umbrella - championing the famous red and white Coca-Cola logo across the board. Instead of having seperate brand campaigns for each variant, the hope is that all four benefit from one brand Coke message.
The seasonal festivities tend to give way to a period of ideas, hopes and plans. In Europe, the soft drinks industry is looking to formulate its strategies for the coming year. Before that, Richard Corbett considers last year's soft drinks and water NPD in the region, and picks his favourite.
Adult soft drinks maker Fentimans is to launch a sparkling lime and jamsine drink.
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt I
- The just-drinks Analyst
- Heineken FY 2016 by region - results data
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Beam Suntory boosts top-line in 2016 - results
- Molson Coors targets cost-savings - FY16 results
- Molson Coors hit by US$500m write-down in Canada
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends