This week in soft drinks and bottled water, featuring the threat of non-alcoholic beer, the energy drinks opportunity in Europe and PepsiCo's Gatorade successes
This week in soft drinks and bottled water
This month, Richard Corbett considers whether low-/no-alcohol beer could eat into soft drinks' share of throat.
Coca-Cola Enterprises' (CCE) European merger will leave the unit less exposed to the potential introduction of sugar taxes and should improve sales prospects, analysts have said.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPSG) has hailed lower commodity costs and productivity improvements as fourth-quarter and full-year sales and profits rose.
The success of Dr Pepper Snapple Group's partner brands portfolio received a mixed reception from analysts. While they could see the benefits of teaming up with third-party, innovative brands, questions remain over the risk of those brands being acquired by other drinks companies.
Currency fluctuations continued to hamper Coca-Cola HBC's 2015 as full-year sales fell despite volumes growth.
Today Coca-Cola HBC released its full-year results with sales and profits down despite volumes increases. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance by region in 2015.
Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) has described the energy drinks category across Europe as "meaningfully underdeveloped".
The head of Pepsico has said that the company will "keep the pedal to the metal on innovation" when it comes to driving the growth of its Gatorade brand in 2016.
The Australian bottler for The Coca-Cola Co has hinted at the future direction of the company's sugar-reduction plans, saying the technology used to make Coke Life will be applied to other sparkling and still beverages.
Cott Corp has posted a lift in full-year profits in 2015, despite taking a tax-comparison hit to its bottom line in the final quarter.
Marketline's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
In his latest commentary for just-drinks, former drinks analyst Ian Shackleton considers the tobacco model for drinks companies. He also gives us his tip of the stock to watch in 2017....
It was announced in August 2015 that Coca-Cola Enterprises will merge with Coca-Cola Iberian Partners and Coca-Cola Erfrischungsgetränke AG to create Coca-Cola European Partners....
The creation of Coca-Cola European Partners create a unified European entity for Coca-Cola, with this operating in nearly all Western European countries....
Sales of NH bottled water are soaring in the UK, with 2015 seeing 11% retail volume growth for the second consecutive year....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts